Walk to and from The Bridges, Ratlinghope Shropshire
Dogs Eye View (4 miles - 2 hours)
Join Boomerang the Dog on this circular route from Bridges which can be found in the foothills of the Long Mynd and Stiperstones National Park.
The walk ventures along the 140 mile Shropshire Way taking in panoramic views of the Stiperstones and Long Mynd on route. Enjoy woodlands, streams and pasture land on this easy 2 hour ramble.
As the walk starts and ends at the effervescent Bridges Country Inn near Ratlinghope you can reward yourself on your return with some fine fare and well kept beer. The Inn has an extensive beer garden to the side and a stream in front for a spot of doggy paddle.
The Inn – which was at one time called The Horseshoe Inn - served the busy coaching road between Shrewsbury and Bishops Castle and owned its own smithy which traded until 1940.
- With your back to the Inn turn left to walk up the country lane alongside the stream
- Follow the lane until you reach a public footpath sign on your right. Walk through the gate and keep to the left to walk up the hill following the Shropshire Way
- Continue walking up the hill keeping to the left until you reach the top, which rewards you with a dogs eye view of the Stiperstones and the Long Mynd
- Walk down the hill and through a row of trees to the bottom of the hill
- Do not pass over the stile onto the lane but instead follow the sign for Adstone Short Cut to the right
- Follow the path through a field, over stiles and through a slim pathway through woodland
- Follow the path which bears left onto a country lane (Adstone Walk). At the country lane turn right and follow the lane passing a big farm on your left. When you reach a sharp bend in the road take the public footpath straight in front of you and down the right hand side of a house
- Walk over two fields bearing to the right in the second field
- Walk up through the coppice and dog leg right arriving at Kinnerton House where you take a left
- Follow your nose up the hill, to your right, and back to your start point